European Union Employment Visa
Who needs a visa to work in Europe?
How to get a European Work Visa
To get a European work visa, follow the steps listed below:
- Check what Employment Visas the country where you wish to work offers.
- Figure out if you qualify for a work visa to EU.
- Meet the criteria for an EU work visa. Some of the countries will require from you to get a job prior to applying for a visa. Make sure you fulfill these kinds of requirements before applying to get the visa.
- Collect the required documents for an employment visa.
- Schedule a visa interview.
- Attend the interview with all the required documents with you.
- Wait for you visa to be processed!
This body could be one of the following:
- Their embassy
- Their consulate
- A visa application center
When to Apply for a Visa to Work in Europe
You are highly advised to apply for a work visa to Europe at least two months prior to your trip to the Schengen country where you plan to work in. The reason for that, is because the European embassies make take six weeks to process an employment visa application. In extraordinary cases, the processing time may be extended up to 12 weeks.
How long is a work visa valid
Most European Work Visas are valid for one year. Still, in most countries, the visa holders have the chance to apply for a visa extension, upon the expiration of their visa.The validity of your visa, as well as a few other details will be written in the visa sticker affixed in your passport.
Can I extend an EU work permit?
You will be able to extend an EU work permit in most countries. There is an application process and some required documents, which you will have to collect and submit at the competent authorities in your European country of residence, prior to your visa / residence permit expiration.